Attention undergraduate students: We are looking forward to seeing you at this year’s Ohio Communication Association conference. Why not get “more bang for your buck” by attending the free Undergraduate Pre-Conference as well? This series of professional development sessions are designed with you in mind to help you learn more about marketing your major, careers in communication, networking with a purpose, and graduate school. Connect with the communication professionals presenting in these sessions at the free networking lunch, sponsored by the University of Akron Wayne College.
Please RSVP to Amber Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org Oct. 1. See you there!
Friday, Oct. 5, 2018
Registration at 9:30 a.m. First session begins at 9:45 a.m.
Student Life Building, lower level
The University of Akron Wayne College
1901 Smucker Rd.
Orrville, OH 44667
9:30 a.m. – Registration
- Check-in at the registration tables located in the downstairs lobby of the Student Life Building.
9:45-10:30 a.m. –Choose from Sessions 1 & 2
- Room SLB 102, Session 1: “Marketing your Communication Degree to Prospective Employers” – Charity Hargrave, Owner of 180 Institute and Communication Coordinator for Broken Grounds Church, and Bradley Mickna, Media Consultant for Triway School District
- Room SLB 103, Session 2: “From Average to Awesome: The Value in Internships and Extracurricular Activities” – Lisa Waite, Senior Lecturer, Kent State University at Stark
10:45-11:30 a.m. – Session 3
- Room SLB 107, Session 3: “Making your Net Work: Networking in the Real World” – Kelly Piero, Special Events Coordinator, Kent State University at Stark
11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Choose from Sessions 4 & 5
- Room SLB 102, Session 4: “Career Opportunities with a Communication Degree” – Frank Cirillo, Manager of Corporate Communications at the J. M. Smucker Company
- Room SLB 103, Session 5: “Graduate School 101” – Nancy Jennings, Associate Professor, University of Cincinnati; Philipe Chauveau, Graduate Student, University of Cincinnati; Heather Walter, Director & Associate Professor, The University of Akron; Toqa Hassan, Graduate Assistant, The University of Akron; Suzy D’Enbeau, Associate Professor, Kent State University; Shawn Starcher, Doctoral Candidate, Kent State University
12:30 p.m. – Networking lunch
- Networking lunch in the SLB Multipurpose Room, sponsored by The University of Akron Wayne College